Academy of Dance Competition Team Information
Academy of Dance offers competition teams during the school year.
Competition Team members are required to take Ballet classes; in addition to other styles. These include: Lyrical, Jazz, Tap, Contemporary and Hip Hop.
Please call #360-708-5902 for more information on time and place.
Please carefully read through all the information and commitments, both time and financial
We will be happy to help you if you have any questions.
- Competition Team Fee – A Team Fee is collected by AoD and is due no later than September 4th to secure your place on team. Monthly tuition for competition class and regular scheduled classes will be collected at the first week of each month as usual. Please note that you are responsible for competition fees, dance workshop & convention costs, extra rehearsal costs, and other associated competition costs.
- Weekly Commitment- Students enrolled in a Competition Team class must take a minimum of 3 hours (Petites & Juniors) or 5 hours (Teen & Senior) of dance technique classes per week, with at least one class being a ballet/tap technique class.
- Conduct & Ethics– Competition team participants are required to sign a Code of Ethics. Students may not have more than 3 excused absences, or they risk losing their spot on the team. Students & Families are responsible for their attitude and conduct both at weekly classes and events. (Aod-Comp-Code-of-Conduct )
- Costumes– In addition to Competition team costume, participants will need to purchase class recital costume(s). Competition Team participants are required to purchase a team jacket by December 1st. Students dancing at Competition level need to be wearing the proper shoes.
~ Tap Shoes– Black, Bloch, ½ inch heel (split-sole with laces)
~ Ballet Shoes– Pink, Leather Slipper
~ Jazz Shoes– Black (slip on style)
~ Hip Hop– Black Hip Hop Sneakers
~ Lyrical/Contemporary– Nude/Beige, Bloch, Spin II, half sole
- Travel/ Meals– Students will be traveling to dance competition(s) between March and May, requiring a 1-2 night stay at a designated team hotel. Hotel and meal expenses are the sole responsibility of parents/students. Students are expected to stay at the hotel where their team is staying.
- Mandatory Dress Rehearsals- Academy of Dance Competition Team holds MANDATORY dress rehearsal around the week prior to dance competitions at a Performing Arts Center.
- CLASSES CONTINUE PAST COMPETITION-Please note that Competition team classes continue through June recital and students committing to Competition Team are committing to finishing the season in their regularly scheduled classes.
- Fundraising- We are open to suggestions for fundraising for team expenses. If you have any suggestions or would like to volunteer to head a fundraising team, please call! Thank you so much.